SHARE THIS RECIPE>>>>>>>>
Gluten and Lactose Free
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- pinch or 2 of salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
With the motor running, add the oil, drop by drop. This part of the process takes time so don't rush it. There's a possibility the egg will separate ("break") from the egg if you do.
After all oil has been added, taste the mayonnaise and if required add more salt or lemon juice to taste.
Place in an air tight container or clean jar with a lid and refrigerate for up to five days. Stir before spreading.