Lactose and Gluten Free
1/4 cup boiling water
6 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
pinch of garlic powder
1 tablespoon honey
- Place mustard powder in a small bowl. Add the boiling water, using a spoon stir mustard and water into a smooth paste. Stir in vinegar. Switch to a small whisk and whisk in the tumeric, salt parprika, and garlic powder until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the honey.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature for up to 3-7 days to reach desired level of mustard heat. If you want it hotter, leave it longer.
- Transfer to a sterilised jar and store in fridge for up to 1 month.
To sterilise a jar:
- Preheat oven to 110°C. Wash jars and lids in hot, soapy water. Rinse well. Place jars and lids in a deep saucepan. Cover with cold water.
- Bring water to the boil over high heat. Cover pan. Reduce heat to medium and boil gently for 10 minutes. Line a baking tray with a clean tea towel.
- Using metal tongs, remove jars and lids from boiling water and place upside down on tray. Place in oven and heat for 15 minutes.