Gluten, Dairy and Nut Free
2 teaspoons Xanthan gum or Guar gum
1 teaspoon. Gluten-free baking powder
2 teaspoon store bought or homemade brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water
Like This? Why not Share it? >>>
- Add all dry ingredients to a mixing bowl, mix through.
- Add cup of warm water to the bowl. Mix the dry ingredients into the water or with a wooden spoon until evenly mixed. You can also attempt this with a food processor with the kneading utensil attached, but the time it's probably much quicker to do it by hand.
- Separate the dough into 6-8 pieces and roll each a ball or just pull a piece off at a time and roll into a ball. You'll need to keep the dough you're not working with covered with plastic wrap or a damp tea towel to prevent the dough drying out. It's also possible to roll them all out first or one while the other is cooking. They still need to be kept covered. A word of advice. Don't stick them on top of each while you're waiting to cook them otherwise they'll stick together.
- Sprinkle a clean, flat surface with a bit of gluten-free all purpose flour and then roll your dough ball with a rolling pin or hands into a circular shape. Make as thin as possible.
- Place some olive oil into a non stick fry pan, heat on medium-hot on stove top. Put the tortilla onto a hot pan and let it cook 1-2 minutes or until it has started puffing up. You'll know as the bottom will develop brown spots (like the picture) Turn over the tortilla and cook the other side.
- Place cooked tortilla on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Cook remaining tortillas.
- Serve as you see fit.