Lactose and Gluten Free
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup of mixed frozen
- 500g chicken thigh or breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or two teaspoons store bought minced garli
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes or paprika (optional)
- 100g bacon, sliced (optional)
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 litre gluten free chicken stock
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Cook onion and bacon( if desired) for 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, frozen vegetables, rosemary (and chilli or paprika if desired) and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add rice, cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Transfer to oven proof casserole dish. Add tomato paste and stock stir to combine. Pepper to taste. Bake covered, for 35 minutes or until rice is just tender and liquid has almost been absorbed.
- Serve on it's own or with meat of your choice.