Lactose and Gluten Free
- 1-2 butternut pumpkins, diced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 onion,
- Pepper corns* or freshly cracked pepper (I use whole peppercorns as I like a peppery taste to this soup. I add a very small amount in as they'll get blended up later. The peppery taste might be too much for some so just add cracked/ground pepper in it's place)
- Lactose free cream
- 1 litre of gluten free chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed or 2 teaspoons store bought minced garlic or garlic powder
- Onion powder (to taste)
- Paprika powder (to taste)
- Chilli powder (optional)
- Salt (to taste)
- Place all vegetables, peppercorns, stock and garlic into a large saucepan. Cook until vegetables are tender. Approximately 20 minutes.
- Add vegetables in batches into blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer each batch into another saucepan.
- Place back onto stove and add onion, paprika, chilli powder, salt and more pepper a little at a time to your tastes.
- Once hot, turn off heat. Add lactose free cream to desired creaminess.
- Serve with gluten free bread.