Gluten, Wheat, Dairy, Soy, Nut and Rice Free
Like this? Why Not Share it. >>>>>>
- 2 chicken breasts (skinless and boneless), sliced length-wise into strips and then halve again or cube the chicken to make nugget type shapes.
- Pinch curry powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Pinch garlic powder
- Pinch onion powder
- Pinch chilli powder (optional)
- Pinch paprika (optional)
- ½ cup gluten free corn or all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
- Fill a medium sized saucepan pot about half-way with the oil (roughly 6-8 cups), and bring the temperature of the oil up slowly or preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Place the chicken strips into a bowl. Add a pinch of curry powder, a couple of pinches of salt and pepper, a pinch or two of chilli, garlic and onion powders to the strips. Toss the strips to coat them in the seasoning.
- In three separate bowls. a) Combine flour, another pinch or two of pepper, chilli, garlic and onion powders b) eggs, beat until combined c) coconut
- Coat the chicken strips by dredging one strip at a time into the seasoned flour and coat it well; next, dip it into the beaten eggs, and then into the shredded coconut. Press the strips into the coconut to coat them thoroughly. Place on a tray/plate until all the strips are done.
- To fry the strips, work in batches. Adding about 4-5 strips into the hot oil, and allow them to fry for about 1 ½ – 2 minutes, until they are a deep, golden color. Remove from oil and place onto a paper towel lined platter to drain, repeat the process until all strips have been fried.
- To bake. Line tray with quality baking paper. Line strips into a single layer on the tray. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Turning gently once or twice until chicken is cooked thoroughly.