- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 300-500 grams fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons gluten free all purpose flour
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed or 6 teaspoons of store bought minced garlic
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Season chicken with pepper. Dredge the chicken breasts through the flour mixture. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat, saute the chicken until it is browned on one side (about 3 minutes).
- Rinse the mushrooms and pat dry.
- Add the garlic. Turn the chicken breasts and add mushrooms to frying pan. Cook for about 3 minutes, add the vinegar, chicken stock, bay leaf and thyme. Cover tightly and simmer over medium low heat for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate or serving dish, cover with foil. Set aside.
- Simmering sauce, uncovered, over medium high heat for about 7 minutes until reduced.
- Remove bay leaf. Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Serve with steamed vegetables or salad.