Gluten Friendly*,Corn, Egg ,Nut, Soy Free.
I introduce my take on a Chicken stroganoff. The pictures show ham in the mix but that's because I had some on hand so threw it in. This is the basic recipe and it's simple and relatively cheap to make. Use your imagination to add more or less ingredients. I sometimes add garlic powder but find it can be a bit overpowering. I use a can of Amy's Cream of Mushroom Soup in this recipe. It does contain dairy but is gluten free. I can tolerate it. Look around your country if you're not from Australia as you will find gluten free varieties. Note: I'm going to concoct my own lactose free version of cream of mushroom soup to use as a base for this meal soon. So..Watch this space.
- 1 can of (Available at Woolworth's) or for those who can tolerate gluten grab any can of Cream of Mushroom soup like Campbell's.
- 2-3 large large Portobello mushrooms or well however many mushrooms you like and they don't have to be Portobello. I like chunky pieces.
- 2-3 chicken fillets diced depending on the size of the family you're feeding.
- 1-2 onions, sliced and diced
- Carrot strips (I just peel strips off with the potato peeler)
- Fresh parsley
- 1-2 teaspoons of Your Inspiration at Home Beetroot Dip Mix
- 1-2 teaspoons of Your Inspiration at Home Herb and Garlic Dip Mix
- 1-2 teaspoons of Your Inspirations at Home Country Onion and Chives Dip Mix
- Generous amounts of pepper ( I love pepper) and additions of salt if required before serving.
- Olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of Liddell's Lactose Free Cream Cheese but if you can tolerate it use sour cream (There isn't a lactose free version of sour cream yet, although I have emailed Liddell's who are looking into it.)
- Possible additions: Frozen veg, capsicum, beans, kale.....you name just throw it in.
- Cooked rice or pasta.
- Place some water in a pot to boil or simmer for the rice or pasta. (Note: I usually simmer the rice while I'm cooking the rest so It's done when the main part is complete)
- Chop chicken, mushrooms, onions. Use peeler to make carrot strips.
- Fry onions in a little oil until transparent, add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add mushrooms and carrot to pan.
- Add can of soup, don't dilute. ( Any other ingredients you want to add place them in now)
- Add generous helping of cracked pepper and 1-2 teaspoons of Your Inspiration at Home Beetroot Dip Mix, Herb and Garlic Dip Mix and Country Onion and Chives Dip Mix. Stir and taste. Add more if necessary. Leave to simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off stove. Add some Liddell's cream cheese or sour cream at this point. You can omit altogether and it still tastes fantastic.
- Add chopped fresh parsley.
- Plate on top of the rice/pasta.