Lactose and Gluten Free
- 500g - 1kg chuck, rump, or casserole beef, trimmed cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 200g gluten free short cut, cut into pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped or 3 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 2 cups red wine (Red Burgundy, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon) *Take a sip :)
- 1 cups beef stock
- 400g small button mushrooms or halve/quarter the bigger ones
- 2 tablespoons gluten free tomato paste
- Optional: 1 x large carrot, sliced, rosemary sprigs.
- Cook beef with a little olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until browned. (Sometimes I cook these in a fry pan), remove from pan and place aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook onions and bacon (with a little olive oil if necessary) until onion has softened. Add garlic. Cook for another minute or so.
- Return beef and juices to pan, add wine. Bring to boil. Add stock and tomato paste. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low. if using optional ingredients. Add carrot and some rosemary springs. Simmer covered for 1.5-2 hours or until meat is tender.If sauce reduces too much after an hour add 1/2 cup of red wine and beef stock and continue to simmer.
- Serve with mash potato