Lactose and Gluten Free
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1 teaspoon store bought minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 12 skinless chicken thighs or 4 chicken breast fillets
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornflour, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celcius
- Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased baking dish. Brush chicken with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn pieces over, and bake for another 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking.
- Serve with rice and/or stir fry, steamed vegetables or salad.